I love anything loaded baked potato inspired. Its simple, straightforward and easy. I was really in the mood for loaded potato soup but I really didn’t feel like dealing with a entire pot of soup. Especially since I’m expecting clam chowder in the next couple days. That’s just too much cream based soup for me. So to make this more of a meal I decided on gnocchi for a little more of a entrée feeling apposed to soup. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1/2lb Bacon
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2Tb butter
- 3Tb flour
- 3c Milk
- 12oz Gnocchi
- 4 Green Onions, sliced
- 1/2c Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4c Sour Cream
- RENDER BACON: Add chopped bacon to cold pan and heat slowly. Cook till bacon is crispy for about 10 minutes. Dispose of all but 1Tb of bacon fat from pan.
- SAUTE: Add butter to pan along with garlic and shallot and sweat for about a minute.
- MAKE ROUX: Add flour to veggies and toss in the pan. Add in milk, whisk to remove lumps and allow to thicken for about 10 minutes.
- BOIL WATER: In a large stock pot add hot water and a generous amount of salt. Once brought to a boil add in gnocchi. Once gnocchi starts to float remove and put it straight in sauce.
- FINISH SAUCE: Once sauce thickens add in sour cream and majority of bacon and season with salt and pepper.
- PLATE: Toss in gnocchi. Top with cheddar cheese, more sour cream, bacon, green onions and enjoy!