Perfect for a lazy Sunday! Slow roasted chicken drumsticks marinated in crushed peppercorns ,garlic, olive oil and lemon.
I rarely ever plan a dinner around chicken drumsticks. Sometimes a deal is too good to pass up. They are cheap and quick. There are always a few people that don’t like them but a lot of people do.
The good thing about chicken drumsticks is since I don’t plan a menu around them I can make some really fun flavor combinations. Today I decided to keep it rather classic. With a mortared lemon pepper chicken roasted in the oven.
The marinade for this recipe is really versatile if chicken drumsticks aren’t your thing try marinating chicken breast, wings , or you could even marinade a steak. I decided to use a mortar and pestle to breakdown my black pepper, garlic, lemon and herbs. If that’s not available to you, go ahead and chop everything finely. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
- 10 Chicken drumsticks
- 1/4c Olive Oil
- 1Tb Garlic Powder
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2Tb Black Pepper, coarse
- 2 Lemons, juiced and zested
- 1tsp Rosemary, fresh chopped
- 1tsp Thyme, fresh chopped
- SEASON CHICKEN: Season chicken generously with salt and place in a Ziploc bag.
- MAKE MARINADE: Place black pepper into mortar, break down peppercorns. Once to desired size add in garlic cloves, lemon zest, rosemary, and thyme. Make into paste.
- MARINADE: To the chicken add in paste, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Let sit for 2 hours to overnight.
- ROAST CHICKEN: Roast chicken at 400 for 1 hour. Turn after 30 minutes.