One Pot! Whole roasted herb crusted chicken and salty red potatoes simmered in a sundried tomato spinach cream sauce.
Roasted chicken has to be one of my favorite dishes. As we all know chicken is just super versatile you can have a new dish day after day. This dish I love because it has some of my favorite ingredients:
whole chicken: I love using a whole chicken for multiple reason the dish is sourced from one chicken, I like to freeze the remaining carcass for stock, and it has a part or two for everyone.
spinach: Gives a great green pop, excellent source of iron and easy to sneak into kid dishes.
sundried tomatoes: Makes for a excellent thickener. It also absorbs the liquid of whatever you put it in like a sponge. Add a nice red tint to sauce.
roasted red potatoes: Amazing flavor absorber without being to potato-ey.
I also love a dish that’s one pot but can build major flavor. The key to this dish is searing the chicken to lock in the juices. Roasting with chicken stock to keep the chicken moist but also cooking it to keep tender. Thickening the sauce once out of the oven and building flavor. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
- Whole Chicken, cut into pieces
- Herbs de provence
- 1.5c Half and Half
- 1/4c Sundried Tomatoes
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 1c Baby Spinach
- 1lb Red Potatoes
- 1.5c Chicken Stock
- 3Tb Flour
- SEASON CHICKEN: Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, and herbs de provence.
- PRE HEAT: Preheat oven at 375 and heat cast iron skillet at medium high heat.
- SEAR CHICKEN: Sear chicken on both sides for about 3-4 minutes till crust is form. set to the side. Return all the chicken to the pan before bake
- ROAST: Roast chicken with chicken stock, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Coat red potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on rack under chicken for 45 minutes.
- THICKEN: Remove chicken from oven and the pan. Add flour to oil and simmer till thickened ( more flour may be needed). Add in half and half and season again with salt and pepper.
- SIMMER: Add in cooked roasted potatoes,sundried tomatoes and spinach return chicken back to pot and simmer for 5 minutes.