Herb, lemon and garlic roasted chicken and spaghetti tossed in a lemon parmesan pan sauce.
Chicken spaghetti is starting to become one of my new favorite dishes. For me, as generic as it may sound spaghetti is probably my favorite noodle. I think alot of the time we associate the noodles with the dishes. Like alfredo with fettucine or alla vodka with penne or even just spaghetti and meatballs. For me I always associated chicken spaghetti with cheesy chicken casserole so I never really used them for anything else but with the classic meatball. I’m glad I’m starting to branch out because it will definitely add more variety to my quick weeknight dinners. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
- 2lbs Chicken breast, cut into thirds
- 3 Lemons, halved, seeds removed
- 1tsp Red pepper Flakes
- 3/4c Chicken Stock
- 8-12 Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 12oz Spaghetti
- 1/4c Parmesan Cheese
- SEASON CHICKEN: Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- SEAR CHICKEN: Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high. Add 2 Tb of olive oil to pan and cook chicken on both sides for 3 minutes till golden brown.
- ADD VEG: Once chicken is done ( chicken will not be cooked ) toss in garlic, lemon, thyme, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and chicken stock.
- ROAST: Roast chicken for 45 minutes till fork tender. Remove lemon rinds (optional, I leave them in )
- BOIL PASTA: Boil pasta in heavily salted water at a roiling boil according to the time on the package.
- TRANSFER PAN: Transfer pan from oven to stove (Cover handle with oven mitt to avoid future burn while on the stove). Bring everything to a boil and shred chicken into chunks. Toss in cooked pasta.
- SEASON: Season with salt and pepper add in chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
- SERVE: ENJOY!