You know what I hate about misplacing kitchen appliances or equipment? Its wondering where the heck it could have gone and wondering what whomever took it is doing with it. This was the case with my muffin pans. Why is there only one? I coulda sworn I had more. What could’ve happened? Although this mystery still remains unsolved I found a solution to my problem. A donut pan! Really when I cant find what I need I use whats on hand. Nobody is gonna complain. The donut pan was a fun shape for the muffins to go in. I think I’ll be using that technique again .
- 1c Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1c all purpose flour
- 1/3c brown sugar
- 1/3c white sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2/3c milk
- 1/2c butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1Tb vanilla
- 1 10oz pack chocolate chips
- 12tb butter softened
- 1/2c white sugar
- 1/2c brown sugar
- 1.5c flour
- 1/2c chocolate chips
- For the crumble soften butter. and cut(mix) the flour and sugar in it. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate till ready to use
- Melt 1 stick of butter in separate bowl. Add in the rest of wet ingredient ( eggs, vanilla, milk)
- In a separate bowl add in dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, salt, both sugars)
- Mix together . Grease muffin or donut tins thoroughly.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop. Scoop one scoop into each mold.
- Top with crumble lightly compacting to stay on top.
- Bake at 400 for 18-23 minutes till toothpick comes out clear.
- Serve with espresso for max enjoyment.