Oysters are one of those things that if you like them you like them you don’t then you just don’t. Oysters are meaty and super tender. Some people prefer them raw on the half shell which is just a shucked oyster. Some people like them fried. Thinking of it now I don’t know many ways people prepare other than those two. I’ll have to look into that! But for me I like fried oysters with lemon or a oyster po’boy. When I want a po’boy but don’t want a actual giant po’boy I make a slider! So try these out its great way to try oysters if u haven’t and if you just like a good po’boy but are too overwhelmed try a slider! The good thing about this recipe is its truly simple its basically oysters and corn meal. Which with quality you need nothing else.
- Oysters, raw. shelled
- 1-2 C yellow corn meal
- 1C fine tempura style flour
- Slider buns
- iceberg lettuce
- roma tomato, sliced
- Remoulade sauce, optional but preferred
- lemon slices , garnish
- Heat oil for 375
- Dump fresh oysters in colander and drain excess liquid
- in a bowl combine tempura flour and corn meal.
- Coat oysters one at a time in flour/corn meal mixture.
- Fry oyster for 3 minutes till golden brown in the fryer.
- Drain excess grease on a paper towel.
- Assemble oyster for po’boy bread, remoulade, oyster, lettuce, onions , and top bun.