Pineapple habanero chicken can be alarming to some. Often times people hear habanero and panic because of its association with scorching heat. Heat from these spices are subjective and while some can handle it others cant. Paired with the proper things it can be tamed and you can rein in the heat….sorta.
So I want to start off by saying with this advice don’t go and throw 10 habanero in a blender with some fruit and think its okay to consume.
I use a lot of habaneros because in the supermarket its basically the hottest pepper for sale. Around here if you want something spicier you’d have to shop specialty foods at farmers markets or order it as a hot sauce from a fancy shop.
- 1.5 c pineapple
- 2 habanero peppers
- 2 green onions + 1 for garnish
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 chicken breast
- cilantro, for garnish
- In a blender combine pineapple, habaneros, green onions, garlic, and rosemary. Blend till smooth.
- Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Cover chicken with habanero sauce and marinade over night.
- In a hot cast iron pan. Sear on both sides for five minutes.
- Finish in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees till cooked all the way through.
- Let rest for 7 minutes. Top with green onions and cilantro. Enjoy!
- I sear and finish this in the oven because of the direct contact you get from the habanero juice that can make the air smoky and harsh.
- Open a window.