If you like easy and impressive, this one is for you! Crispy mini tartlets filled with juicy cherry tomatoes and creamy brie and provolone baked to a crisp.
Mini tarts are always fun when you have left over dough or just want to try something new without the commitment to huge portions.
I started making tarts in general because they made me feel like a winning baker in the kitchen. The crust is always simple and the filling is optional. Today I felt like making a simple tomato and cheese tart. Something about the crispy dough, salty cheese and juicy tomato really felt right today. I also didn’t feel like going the difficult route.
For this recipe I used pre made pie crust that come rolled and frozen. Its easy, consistent, and reliable. It also adds a hour and a half back into my day. Try these out and let me know what you think!
- 2 Pre-Made Pie Crust, cut into circles
- 6oz Brie
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1c Shredded Provolone
- Herbs de Provence, seasoning
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Egg+ 1tsp water, mixed
- UNROLL PIE CRUST: Unroll premade pie crust. 1 Crust makes 6 tartlets. Flour surface and lay dough out. Cut 6 circles out of each pie crust (big enough to fit in cupcake or doughnut pan)
- LAY DOUGH: Press dough lightly into well greased doughnut pan.
- POKE HOLES: Poke holes around the corners and center. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Once removed from oven and cooled brush with egg wash ( Egg+ water)
- Fill bottom of tartelettes with brie add in 1 cherry tomato per tart. Season tomato with salt, pepper, and herbs de provence. Top with provolone cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Till tartlets are golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.