One pot air fried sticky spareribs. Quick and easy, sweet and smoky pineapple brown sugar barbecue sauce.
Some people love crockpots, some pressure cookers, and some that won’t bother with any of it. I get it because there isn’t any appliance that I love like my air fryer. It is by far my favorite kitchen appliance I own. I probably use it multiple times a day. From crispy air fried veggies to wings, and one day I’ll make my way to desserts. Its one of my favorites because it removes the mess of cooking grease with crispy results and its one pot.
I’ve been trying to expand my air fryer repertoire since I feel like I can do anything in this thing. I stick to my go-to’s but wanted something different but using this appliance and since it has only two items you absolutely cant put In it the sky is the limit. I love that I can build layers of deep flavor in such a short amount of time with such high heat.
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
- 1 Rack Spare Ribs, trimmed & cut into ribs of 3
STICKY PINEAPPLE BARBECUE SAUCE
- 2c Fresh Pineapple, diced
- 1c Fresh Cherries, pitted
- 1/3c Brown Sugar
- 1/3c Soy Sauce
- 1/3c Hoisin Sauce
- 1Tb Ginger
- 1 Lime, juiced and zested
- 1/2tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2tsp Crush Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2tsp Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Green Onions
- MAKE BBQ SAUCE– To make barbecue sauce place all ingredients listed under “Sticky pineapple bbq sauce” in air fryer and roast for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- BLEND– Blend all ingredients in together from air fryer ( Start low since the mixture will be hot )
- SEASON – Season ribs generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- ROAST- Roast ribs for 375 for 1 hour 25 minutes. Flipping occasionally to keep coated in barbecue sauce and from burning.