I think squid is something everyone should try at least once. Its often seen as one of those things you rather order at a restaurant than make at home, which is understandable. Once you get the hang of and the do’s and don’ts it’ll be a cake walk. The main thing to remember about squid is cook it for around 30 seconds. It recoils and retracts and its done. It pairs very well with fennel and sausage so its pretty east to compliment. If you try it out let me know what you think!
- 1/2 fennel bulb, shaved
- 1/4lb baby squid
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, mashed
- 1/2lb spicy sausage
- 1/2 granny smith apple, sliced
- 1 carrot, shaved
- Preheat a cast iron pan to medium heat.
- Combine sausage with roasted garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For little balls and grill till cooked throughout.
- Add squid that’s coated in olive oil, salt and pepper to pan and cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- Layer salad starting with fennel, followed by squid, sausage, apple and carrot.