I’m sure everyone has either heard of had some sort of broccoli and cheese dish or more commonly referred to as a casserole. Often times it consists of broccoli, cheese ( creamy cheese sauce or shredded) and some type of starch hear its normally rice, I’ve heard of people using potatoes. I could see it working and being a thing. So full disclosure I don’t eat broccoli and cheese often its probably because its one of those holiday dishes for me where you already have too much food on your plate then adding that although delicious just tips the scales and makes you feel bad afterwards. So today I just so happened to be craving broccoli and cheese I kind of wanted all around comfort food meal. So I thought I’d go for. I mean Im sure I have broccoli and some cheddar. Right? Wrong. So I thought about it and remembered making a steak with blue cheese butter and broccolini on the side. Thinking about how delicious that was and how well they went I just went for it and this will probably replace my normal broccoli and cheese go-to.
- 1Tb butter
- 1Tb flour
- 3/4c half and half
- 1tsp fresh garlic
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4tsp black pepper
- 2 medium bunches broccoli, segmented
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4Tb blue cheese crumbles
- olive oil
- Coat broccoli and red onion generously with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Air fry or Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes till crispy.
- To make blue cheese sauce. Melt butter and then add in flour. Stir to combine till you see no more lumps.
- Add in garlic and half and half. Let heat up slowly. Do not bring to a boil.
- Add in blue cheese crumbles, salt and pepper. Stir till blue cheese melts.
- Place a generous amount of sauce at the bottom of serving tray then add crispy broccoli and red onions. Followed by a little more sauce. Added extra blue cheese crumbles optional.