I’ve been bitten by the baking bug! When I went on my last grocery shopping trip it was all with baking in mind. I was excited to get home and start baking one of the many recipe in mind. When the excitement and euphoria wore off I realized I don’t bake… Often. That’s not going to stop me because once I think of a recipe in my head. I have to execute. I’ve been on a smores and cheesecake kick recently. Wanting them both a lot, but never had them together. So I decided to just throw them together and see what happens. Now, I never make cheesecake because that’s my moms territory and hers is the best so I knew if I had to make one it’ll be different. Turns out this combination was destined for each other. The marshmallows give this cheesecake a baked Alaska kind of touch once its out of the oven with a beautiful golden brown glossy crust. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Don’t forget to check the bottom out for some cheesecake tips and tricks!
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 1.5c Graham Crackers, crumbs
- 7Tb Butter, melted
- 2Tb Brown sugar
- 1Tb Sugar
- 24oz Cream Cheese, soften
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1Tb White Chocolate, grated
- 2c Mini Marshmallows
- 1c Sugar
- 1/2c Sour Cream
- 10oz Milk Chocolate, melted
- 6 Marshmallows, split in half and torched
- 2Tb Crushed Graham Cracker
- MAKE CRUST: To make crust combine all ingredients together and press into a parchment lined 9×9 rectangular springform pan. Set to the side.
- MAKE FILLING: To make filling combine sour cream, cream cheese and sugar and blend till its combined. Add in vanilla, white chocolate, and one egg at a time. Once eggs are combined fold in marshmallows.
- FILL PIE: Add cheesecake filling to pie crust
- BAKE: Bake at 325 for 70 minutes
- COOL: Cool cheesecake on the counter till its cool to the touch. Then refrigerate for two hours.
- MELT CHOCOLATE: Melt chocolate in microwave at 30 second intervals. Stirring in between each round.
- CUT CHEESECAKE: Slice cheesecake into rectangular bars. Clean and trim the puffy top.
- DECORATE: Drape a generous amount of chocolate on top of each bar, followed by the burnt marshmallow finish off with graham crackers crumbs and ENJOY!
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Do not overbeat your filling once the eggs are added. Fold in marshmallows.
- NEVER open the oven door while cooking or slam the door
- No need for coconut oil in the chocolate as long as you refrigerate bars after assembling
- SERVE CHILLED