These whipped brown butter and almond cookies go great with a glass of milk!
Baking has been a great past time lately. I’ve been trying out new ways of utilizing some rather boring ingredients. Just by browning the butter and adding some crunch from the almonds. (which takes no time at all) This recipe turned out to be some of the best cookies I’ve ever made! The brown butter is really the star of the show. So make extra! You can put it on so many things. You can replace it wherever you’d normally add regular butter. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE BEST BROWN BUTTER ALMOND COOKIES:
brown your butter: brown butter is super easy to make! its also a way of taking simple ingredients and giving them a big bang. to make brown butter all you need to do is add the butter to a sauce pan and simmer it on medium high till brown bits form. this happens quick so don’t leave the butter unattended as it can burn. scrap the brown bits around to keep everything flowing. once the butter is browned but also smells warm and nutty. its done. Return it to the fridge to chill and set up.
low and slow: make sure you bake your cookies at 300 degrees F. the lower temperature will keep the cookie from getting too much color.
if you dry out your dough?: cornstarch and time will naturally dry out a cookie dough. if you make these ahead of time. make sure the cookie batter isn’t too cold and if it is too crumbly water will help moisten dough without compromising the texture.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
LETS MAKE A DESSERT BAR! ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- 1.5C Brown Butter, chilled
- 2c Flour
- 1.5c Powdered Sugar
- 1/2c Cornstarch
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/3c Slivered Almonds
- 1Tb Vanilla Extract
- 1/4tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4c Cold Water (if needed)
- MAKE BROWN BUTTER: Melt 2 cups of butter and bring to a slow simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes till butter is browned and smell’s nutty. Chill butter till it solidifies.
- CREAM BUTTER: Cream room temperature brown butter, cinnamon, and powdered sugar.
- ADD DRY INGREDIENTS: Combine the flour, cornstarch and baking soda.
- COMBINE TOGETHER: Add dry ingredients to butter plus vanilla extract. Combine slowly.
- FOLD IN ALMONDS: Fold in almonds. (If dough is a little dry you can add in water)
- DROP AND BAKE: Using a 1.5TB scoop for the cookie dough. Space cookies appropriately and bake at 300 for 15 minutes.