Fresh green beans air fried and tossed in a sticky hoisin Sichuan sauce.
Air fried veggies are an absolute must have for me. When you air fry a vegetable it mimics the texture of it deep fried in oil. The air fryer works from the inside-out . So that gives your vegetable and really anything a nice crunch. Without all the fat and additives. My favorite things to throw into the air fryer as a quick side are Brussel sprouts, green beans and crispy kale. I toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper and its on the table in 20. For this recipe I kept it simple to match the dishes it was served with Sichuan noodles and Chinese spareribs. That way there is no fuss in what to coat them in. Follow my tips and tricks for the best air fried green beans. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE BEST STICKY AIR FRIED GREEN BEANS:
pick good beans: your ideal green bean should be a full light green (it’ll brighten once you cook it) blemish free, and have a snap to it. Avoid beans that a bruised and wrinkled
add the nuts last: since this is a one pot side dish you might be inclined to throw everything in right away. thats fine just skip the nuts. the nuts are most likely to burn and hollow out changing its texture and flavor drastically. once the chopped nuts are in you cant really pick them out.
trim your green beans: trimming green beans can be a bit of a pain. the easiest way is to either trim both sides so you don’t have flip them all facing the same direction or just flip them and cut the stems. in the air fryer the steams can be really really tough and harden.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
- BLISTERED SHISHITO PEPPERS W/ COTIJA CHEESE
- BACON AND BLUE CHEESE ROASTED GREEN BEANS
- BACON WRAPPED GREEN BEANS W/ SMOKY CHERRY GLAZE
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- 3c Green Beans, fresh and trimmed
- 1TB Hoisin Sauce
- 1Tb Soy Sauce
- 1tsp Sichuan Chili Oil
- 1tsp Black Pepper
- 1tsp Coconut Oil
- 1TB Garlic, minced
- 2TB Walnuts
- TOSS GREEN BEANS: Toss green beans in all the ingredients listed above.
- AIR FRY: Air fry green beans for 10 minutes. 15 minutes if you’d like them done a little more. At ten minutes they will still have a little bite.
- ADD NUTS: Add nuts 3 minutes prior to being done.
- SERVE: Toss with the extra sauce and enjoy!