Thin noodles tossed in a sweet and spicy garlic Sichuan chili crisp sauce with a hint of lime.
Whenever I’m in the mood for noodles this is my go to recipe. It’s not too many ingredients. It has a awesome heat to it and it’s super satisfying! For this recipe it’s all pantry stables that I always have on hand. One of my favorite ingredients is fried chilis in garlic. Fried chilis are exactly that! Its a bottle of fried Sichuan chilis that have had time to settle once fried in oil. It has onions and peanuts added for some crunch and extra flavor. It is a thinner consistency than your usual favorites since its whole ingredients and not blended. For this recipe I also used thin spaghetti since that’s personally what I prefer but really you could use soba, ramen or even angel hair. Try it any way you like just follow my easy tips and tricks. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE BEST CHILI GARLIC NOODLES:
fried chilis: so for this recipe I use my secret weapon it’s called Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp Hot Sauce its fried Sichuan chilis in oil and it has whole peanuts in it. It gives noodles or whatever you put it on a great red sheen with a lot of flavor to back it up. if you’re making this recipe with fresh chilis I recommend frying them in oil separately from the dish so it has time to tame and settle. If you can find the brand listed above get it. You wont regret it.
don’t forget the lime!: citrus with heat really amps it up so when you’re using citrus don’t forget the zest! the oil in the zest really brightens the heat and rounds it. whenever something is missing in a spicy dish it may just need a splash of citrus.
honey if the heat gets out of hand: sometimes heat can get away from us. in this dish i use honey because its totally not detectable its a subtle sweetness that wont draw attention to itself.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- 12oz Thin Spaghetti, any preferred noodle is fine
- 3-4TB Fried Chilis in oil
- 1Tb Coconut oil
- 1-2TB Honey
- 2Tb Cilantro, chopped
- 3Tb Garlic, minced
- 4 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1Tb Soy Sauce
- 1Tb Hoisin Sauce
- 1tsp ginger powder
- 1 Lime, Juiced + Zest
- Black Pepper
- BOIL PASTA: Boil pasta in salted water like you normally would. Undercook your pasta by 2 minutes according to package instructions.
- START SAUCE: To make sauce add coconut oil into pan once melted and hot add in green onions, garlic and chilis cook for about 2 minutes.
- ADD NOODLES: At this point add in noodles, lower your heat to continue to cook. Toss in the base of the sauce and season with soy sauce, hoisin, ginger powder and black pepper.
- FINISH: After tossing the pasta finish with cilantro, lime zest and juice. Taste pasta to make sure your heat is under control. If its too spicy drizzle in more honey. Serve with extra limes on the side