Tender chicken stir fried and simmered in a citrusy pineapple sauce with crispy air fried broccoli and walnuts.
Pineapple chicken and broccoli is one of my favorite quick weeknight dinners. It’s the perfect recipe to use up some of those leftover vegetables and starches to make a simple and hearty dinner. For this recipe I basically used up my pantry staples from soy sauce and cornstarch to canned crushed pineapples. Add a little freshness with your favorite vegetables. Change up the recipe by adding mushrooms, beans sprouts, peppers, onions, and zucchini. Add some extra crunch with different types of nuts and even some water chestnuts. Regardless, follow my tips and tricks below for the best pineapple chicken and broccoli. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE BEST PINEAPPLE CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI:
feel free to add pineapple chunks :for this i used crushed canned pineapples but usually i use chunks of pineapples because once they are heated they explode with flavor in you mouth and it helps keep the chicken super juicy.
add some spice if you want: this dish really works well with spice since its so acidic feel free to add some chili oil, fried Sichuan chilis or even sliced and fried jalapenos to your dish for some extra kick.
add some crunch with nuts: with this recipe any nut will do. you could use almonds, peanuts, pecans, or even macadamia nuts. nuts helps add some crunch back to the dish.
don’t worry about an air fryer: for this dish i used an air fryer because i like the crunch if you don’t have an air fryer feel free to sear your broccoli after cooking chicken .
cornstarch only in cool liquids: before you add your cornstarch to the dish stir it into a cool liquid that isn’t already on the stove before adding it into the pan that way the heat wont cause the cornstarch to ball into clumps.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- STICKY HOISIN AIR FRIED GREEN BEANS
- BROCCOLI AND SHISHITO PEPPER SLAW
- SOBA NOODLE SALAD W/ GINGER CHILI SAUCE
- 2lb Chicken breast, cubed
- 2 Pineapple crushed, canned
- 1/4c Soy sauce
- 1/4 Hoisin Sauce
- 1Tb Black pepper
- 1tsp Ginger powder
- 2 Broccoli, bunches -segmented
- 2Tb cornstarch
- 1/4c Walnuts
- 8 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Green onions, minced
- SEASON CHICKEN: Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- SEAR CHICKEN: Sear chicken on both sides working in batches until cooked thoroughly. Add in garlic right before liquids. If you aren’t air frying your broccoli go ahead and add it in with the end of the chicken so it can get some color on it.
- AIR FRY BROCCOLI: Air fry your broccoli at 400 degree for 15 minutes till a little dried out and crispy. Add into sauce after chicken.
- Add cornstarch to soy sauce before adding to pan.
- MAKE SAUCE: Add in crushed pineapples, soy sauce, hoisin, ginger,.
- SIMMER: Simmer chicken in sauce till it slightly thicken if sauce thickens up too much add a little broth or water.
- ADD CRUNCH: Toss in walnuts and green onions and serve over steamed white rice.