Creamy hummus, baby spinach, alfalfa sprouts, crispy Brussel sprouts, cauliflower on multi-grain bread.
I’m always in the mood for a garden sandwich. Filled to the brim with fresh vegetables and spread edge to edge with my favorite spreads what’s not to love. I love all things bread so it’s always fun to try out a new or different sandwich inspired by whatever bread I feel like using for the day.
For this recipe, I went with one of my favorite hummus with air-fried Brussel sprouts. The combination is a true garden sandwich the flavors are earthy from the greens, and nutty from the hummus and alfalfa sprouts with a slight crisp from the Brussel sprouts. Check out my tips and tricks below for the best garden sandwich. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST GARDEN SANDWICH
veggies: for the vegetables like cauliflower and brussel sprouts i like to lightly toss them in olive oil, salt, and pepper before adding them to the air fryer. the olive oil will allow the seasonings to stick while the simple seasoning will bring out the flavor.
layers matter: it is important to spread the hummus edge to edge. most veggie sandwiches need a little extra glue to keep together since the ingredients don’t lay very flat. the alfalfa sprouts and spinach keeps everything from sliding around too much.
sturdy bread: sturdy bread is the key to a good sandwich. originally I’ve made this sandwich with soft ciabatta bread. the hummus spreads nicely into the nooks and crannies. a sourdough, soft French, or just toasted wheat work. avoid crunchier bread-like hard ciabatta or French they can cut the roof of your mouth.
roasting: air frying is how i get my brussel sprouts super crunchy. they mimic a fried brussel sprout without all the fat. air fry the brussel sprouts till they are spread apart and dark around the edges.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
- 10 Brussel sprouts, cored and sliced
- 1/2 Large Cauliflower , small florets
- Alfalfa sprouts
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1-2c Baby Spinach
- Garden Hummus
- 1/2 Red Onions, sliced
- Multigrain bread
- Olive oil
- Season the cauliflower and brussel sprouts with olive oil , salt and pepper.
- Air fry the brussel sprouts at 400F for 20 minutes. Air fry the cauliflower for 25minutes.
- Work in batches then remove to cool.
- To build the sandwich spread the toasted bread with hummus. Place baby spinach on one side. Alfalfa sprouts on the other. Followed by evenly spreading with brussel sprouts and cauliflower.
- Next place red onion and tomatoes. Sprinkle on black pepper.
- Top and serve
2 responses to “Garden Sandwich”
[…] GARDEN SANDWICH […]
[…] Garden Sandwich — […]