Creamy chickpeas, yellow zucchini, garlic, green onions, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and tahini.
Hummus is something I always have on hand whether it’s store-bought or homemade. I’m always ready to try out new hummus. I’m pretty picky when it comes to how I like it so I really try to make it mostly at home. Store options often have too much cumin, off-tasting lemon, and a lack of nutty tahini paste.
This hummus recipe has it all! Creamy chickpeas, nutty tahini, and a whole bunch of fresh vegetables blended right in. Put together in under 15 minutes it’s the perfect dip, sandwich spread, or mid-day snack. Check out my tips and tricks below for the best garden hummus. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST GARDEN HUMMUS
boil: personally, i like to boil my canned chickpeas quickly once they come out of the can. i think you get a creamier hummus and it slightly helps it move through the blender easier. boil the chickpeas for 5 minutes then feel free to use them how you like.
yellow zucchini: this recipe can be made with any kind of zucchini. yellow zucchini will keep the hummus from turning green which can be off-putting. if you have only green zucchini and don’t want green hummus. peel the skin off and just boil the exposed white. save the skins and freeze them and toss them in a smoothie later.
stir the tahini paste comes with a thick layer of oil that is separated. you’ll need to mix the tahini paste together before adding it to the hummus. adding just the separated oil can result in an off-putting and gluey textured hummus. using just the tahini will result in dry chalky hummus. so mix them together to get it to the correct consistency.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
- AVOCADO FETA DIP
- ROASTED ASPARAGUS + HEIRLOOM CHEESE LOG
- BAKED ZUCCHINI WEDGES + ROASTED TOMATO DIP
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- YOGURT LEMON CHICKEN W/ CILANTRO OIL
- YOGURT MARINATED HALF CHICKENS + FETA CUCUMBER SALAD
- BALSAMIC CHICKEN WRAPS
- 15oz chickpeas
- 1 Yellow Zuchinni, diced
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Green Onions
- 1/3c Tahini Paste
- 1Tb Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4c Olive Oil
- 2Tb Parsley, fresh chopped
- 1/2tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Simmer the chickpeas, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic and green onions in just enough water to cover fully.
- Sprinkle with salt and simmer for 5 minutes on a full boil.
- Drain then add the vegetables and cayenne in a blender. Blend low to high till smooth. Add in tahini, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in parsley and red wine vinegar.