Creamy whipped cream cheese garlic mashed potatoes loaded with spicy jalapenos, mild cheddar cheese and salty bacon.
loaded mashed potatoes are probably the best side dish. They are typically loaded with cheeses, meats, and all types of fats like cream, sour cream, and soft cheeses. These potatoes are really delicious and savory with a lot of heat. It is actually inspired by one of my favorites jalapeno poppers. Jalapeno poppers are just jalapenos that are hollow or sliced in half then filled with either cheddar or cream cheese. Some are then breaded and fried to form a crisp crust, some are wrapped in bacon and some skip that all together and just eat them as-is. Check out my tips and tricks below for the best jalapeno and cheddar mashed potatoes. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST JALAPENO AND CHEDDAR MASHED POTATOES
softened cream cheese: just like you want your butter to be softened before you whip it in to your mashed potatoes. the same goes for cream cheese. that will help the mash from getting tacky and gummy.
warm your milk: whether you use milk, heavy cream or half and half. always lightly heat your milk so it incorprates better into the mash resulting in fluffier potatoes
seeds optional: for this recipe i use a lot of jalapenos so that it’s throughout the entire mash. i removed the seeds so they don’t mess with the texture of the mash and to subdue the intensity of the jalapenos
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
- CHEESY JARLSBERG MASHED POTATOES
- MINI MEATLOAF CUPS W/ WHIPPED PARMESAN MASHED POTATOES
- BRAISED SHORT RIBS AND PURPLE SWEET POTATOES
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- RED PEPPER AND PARMESAN CRUSTED PORK MEDALLLIONS
- ROSEMARY AND LAVENDER CRUSTED TRI-TIP
- COUNTRY STYLE RIBS W/ BLUE AND BOURBON GRAVY
- 5/6 Med-Large Russet Potatoes, peeled
- 3/4c Half and Hal, warmed
- 4Tb Butter, softened
- 1Tb Black Pepper
- 1tsp Rosemary
- 1tsp Thyme
- 4oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 2c Mild Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 5 Jalapenos, minced and sliced
- 10 Garlic Cloves, minced
- BOIL POTATOES: Add potatoes to a pot with cold water and season heavily with salt. Bring water to boil then reduce water slightly so it isn’t tossing around the potatoes. Boil until potatoes are fork tender. Remove potatoes from water.
- WARM: Warm half and half on the stove or in the microwave.
- ADD: Add half and half, cream cheese, rosemary, garlic, thyme and butter to potatoes and mash. Fold in half of jalapenos, bacon and cheese.
- SEASON: Add in salt and adjust other seasonings.
- TOP: Place mashed potatoes into a baking dish and top with the other half of the jalapenos, bacon and cheese. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.