The perfect one pot dish! Spaghetti noodles tossed in a simple yet classic butter, garlic and zesty lemon sauce.
Parmesan and lemon pasta is something we can all agree on . It’s one of the easiest pasta dishes around and it really enjoyable. It’s the perfect weekday dish since it’s one pot, quick, and easy. This pasta is simple it’s just noodles, grated parmesan , grated black pepper, butter and lemon. Where u go from there is on you. This pasta works great as a veggie dish like mushroom and asparagus it works perfect with a chicken or pork cutlet like scaloppini , or just eat it in the biggest bowl in the house! For this recipe I added a couple extras like herb chicken, mushrooms and a handful of the spring mix I had in the fridge. Check out my tips and tricks below for the best lemon garlic butter pasta. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST LEMON GARLIC BUTTER PASTA:
any noodles will do: I think what makes this a recipe something we all love is we’ve all had it, just with different pastas. as a kid I was often served this dish with penne, egg noodles, or farfalle. make sure to cook pasta according to instructions but really any pasta will do.
leave the stick: for this recipe, maybe its just me and i haven’t tried to really push this dish too far. But pasta loves butter so i tend to start with a half stick BUT tend to end up dropping more.
it’s the little things: the little things elevate dishes. so add some fresh herbs, dice up some shallots. add in some leftover protein or just a couple handfuls of greens from the fridge.
try wine: if you don’t have lemon but have white wine go ahead and substitute it out but make sure you bring the wine to a boil before tossing the noodles and butter in. or else it’ll taste like it came straight from the bottle.
omit everything else: If you want to keep it super simple remove the extras and toss your pasta in butter, lemon and black pepper.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
- ROASTED LEMON CHICKEN SPAGHETTI & HERB CROUTONS
- CRISPY CHICKEN W/ RICOTTA AND FRIED SPICY SALAMI
- ROASTED CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- ROASTED CHICKEN & HALOUMI TOPPED W/ CALABRIAN CHILI PESTO
- CHICKEN PARMESAN ALFREDO
- CREAMY SUNDRIED TOMATO ROASTED CHICKEN W/ ROASTED POTATOES
- 1Lb Thin Spaghetti
- 1lb Mushrooms, halved
- 2 Chicken Breast, pounded out
- 8Tb Butter
- 3/4c Grated Parmesan
- 1/2c Marsala Wine
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Lemons juiced + zested
- 1Tb Garlic Powder
- 1TB Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1-2 Handfuls Spring Mix
- COOK CHICKEN: Season chicken generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- COOK PASTA: Cook pasta in a large stock pot filled with salted water. Cook pasta according to instructions on the package.
- MUSHROOMS: Once chicken is cooked add more butter if necessary and add in mushrooms .
- DEGLAZE: Deglaze the pan with marsala wine. Using a wooden spoon gently scrape the bottom. Let the wine simmer till it’s reduced more than a half add in minced garlic. Season mushrooms generously with salt and cracked pepper.
- ADD PASTA: Add in pasta to the pan.
- ADD EXTRAS: Add spring mix, lemon juice, zest, garlic powder, parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes, a little salt and crushed red peppers.
- TOSS: Add In sliced chicken and toss.
- ADJUST SEASONINGS: Adjust seasonings according to taste. Since pasta is removed from heat. Cover with a lid and let sit for 5 minutes so that greens can wilt.