Finely ground seasoning blend of crushed red pepper flakes, rosemary and parmesan crusted pork medallions topped with sautéed mushrooms and shallots.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST RED PEPPER AND PARMESAN CRUSTED PORK MEDALLIONS:
finely crush your red pepper flakes: whether its a coffee/ spice grinder or a blender run your crushed red pepper flakes till its a fine powder. that way it’ll keep the red pepper from burning once its time to sear the pork.
open a window: surprisingly once this blend makes contact with the heat its not too harsh like some other recipes i’ve done. the problem is when blending that fine dust kicking up and may result in a couple of sneezes.
make a even blend: crush red pepper and rosemary burn at high heat when its making contact so make sure they are both finely ground so it cookes evenly
if the heat gets away from you: this dish finishes itself up in the oven really so i can keep the process moving since i sliced up a pork tenderloin. but it you heat it too high and you pork starts to burn just flip it to the over side get the sear and finish it in the oven.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
- PORKCHOPS W/ WHISKEY RED ONIONS AND APPLE SAUCE
- SALT CRUSTED PORK TENDERLOIN W/ SPICY PEAR GLAZE
- MANGO HABANERO PORK TENDERLOIN
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- 1- Pork Tenderloin, cut into 1 inch medallions
- 3Tb crushed red pepper flakes, fine
- 1/4c Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 2Tb Garlic Powder,
- 2Tb Rosemary, fine
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 1/2lb Mushrooms, halved
- 2-4Tb Butter
- 2Tb Olive Oil
- SEASON PORK: Season pork by combining rosemary, crushed red pepper, parmesan and garlic. Season generously with salt.
- SEAR PORK: Sear pork in hot cast iron skillet adding equal parts butter and olive oil. Sear for about 4 minutes on each side then pop it into a Preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- SAUTE VEG: Once all the pork is removed from the pan add in last of butter and olive then sauté mushrooms and shallots for 5 minutes till they have a little color on them season lightly with salt.
- PLATE: Once pork is finished top with a little butter then add shallot and mushrooms on top. ENJOY!