Chunks of chicken, collard greens, mushrooms, garlic, and carrots roasted with a herb white wine pan sauce tossed with egg noodles.
With semi-cool weather coming in I wanted something not too heavy that’s cream or sour cream-based. Not soup because I’m not the biggest fan but something along the same lines ingredient-wise. Think of this recipe as chicken noodle soup without all the liquid. Your favorite roasted chicken and vegetables all in one pot. That’s what this dish is.
This comforting dish is super easy to put together with minimal prep that uses simple ingredients, herbs, and spices and it all comes together in an hour. It’s perfect for a breezy lunch or a chilly night. Check out my tips and tricks below for the best-roasted chicken and egg noodles. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST ROASTED CHICKEN AND EGG NOODLES.
thin collard greens: the key to tender collard greens is all about how you cut them. hand-torn or rough chopped is generally fine for a pot that will be cooking for a couple of hours. but here, as a team player, they need to be able to work together with the other ingredients. so when you slice your collards make sure they are about 1/2inch wide to help them break down and get tender in the hour.
layering: layer is important here since this is one pot. all the juices from the vegetables and chicken collect in the bottom resulting in a flavorful pan sauce. you can really layer the vegetables how you like just make sure the chicken is onto so it has the most direct heat to get a nice color.
season: seasoning between layers will make sure your vegetables will maximize their flavors. don’t douse everything with salt and pepper a light sprinkle is all you need.
corn starch slurry: cornstarch will help thicken everything once the heat is applied. its easier to add it in sooner rather than later. add cornstarch to cold liquid so it doesn’t react to hot water.
salt and season pasta: cook the pasta according to the package instructions in salty water. once the pasta is drained hit it with some fresh black pepper it really makes a difference.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
- ROASTED CHICKEN VEGETABLE GRAVY
- CREAMY SUNDRIED TOMATO ROASTED CHICKEN W/ ROASTED POTATOES
- HERB ROASTED CHICKEN W/ ROASTED GARLIC BROWN GRAVY
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- 2-3 Chicken Breast ,cubed
- 12oz Egg Noodles, cooked
- 1/2c Baby Carrots
- 4-6c Collard Greens, shredded
- 1 Yellow Onion, sliced
- 12 Garlic Cloves, halved
- 8oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 1c Dry White Wine
- 1/2c Cold water+ 1Tb Corn starch
- 4Tb Butter
- 2Tb Chicken Bouillon Powder
- Black Pepper
- Thyme, fresh
- Bay Leaves
- Rosemary, fresh
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1Tb Browning
- Season the chicken generously with about of tablespoon each of seasoning. Season with salt according to the size of the chicken. Toss with browning.
- Place butter into roasting pan.
- Layer the vegetables in the pot starting with mushrooms on the bottom, collard greens, carrots, onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper between each layer. On the last layer sprinkle on a bit more thyme and rosemary.
- Pour water and wine over the top.
- Add in chicken.
- Roast at 375F for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with cooked egg noodles.
- Toss and let sit for about 5 minutes so that the noodles can absorb some broth. Serve.