This may be a unpopular opinion but sometimes I enjoy a long drawn out dinner. I enjoy roasting meats specifically roasts for a long time. Sometimes I’m in a let’s not rush things kinda mood. Start it early finish it late. Sometimes with the hustle and bustle once dinners ready and devoured then comes the bed time wind down and then the days starts all over so dinner time I don’t always like to go for fast, quick or instant.
Pork roast is one of those things that I love for multiple reasons it’s always available and generally a deal. It can be made in a short amount of time with the proper cookware or a really long time. Its versatile and delicious!
- 1- 8.5lb pork butt roast
- 1tsp red pepper flakes
- 1Tb cayenne pepper
- 1Tb garlic powder
- 1Tb salt
- 1tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1stick melted butter
- Mix together butter, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, 1Tb salt, and fresh minced garlic
- If you’re using a injector load injector and inject roast with entire butter mixture spacing 1inch a part. Rub leftover herbs that sunk to the bottom of butter on outside of pork. coat evenly with salt and pepper. Let sit overnight
- If you’re not using a injector coat pork evenly with salt and pepper then coat with butter and let sit overnight.
- Let pork sit out 30 minutes prior to cooking
- Preheat oven to 400
- cook for 3 hours and 15 minutes let rest 30 minutes prior to cutting.