Double crunch fried home fries tossed in cracked black pepper and a salt and vinegar seasoning blend.
Double crunch potatoes are something you can have all the time breakfast, lunch or dinner! I call them double crunch because they are par boiled, cooled and fried in a shallow pan of oil. Once out of the oil I coated them in a salt and vinegar blend similar to you favorite chip seasoning. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE BEST DOUBLE CRUNCH POTATOES
boil the potatoes: when par cooking your potatoes you have a couple options. you can microwave them, boil, or deep fry them. I prefer to boil them in water with baking soda that way, when they cool before the final fry you get a nice crust.
add baking soda: baking soda in the water draws out the pectin in potatoes causing it to surface allowing for a crispy crust and crunch.
rest potatoes: once you finish your par cooking, no matter what cooking method you choose let the potatoes cool down so that you don’t break up the potatoes.
hot, hot pan: for the second cook on your potatoes if your doing a shallow fry like I’m doing in this post make sure the pan is incredibly hot. if you’re using a deep fryer 375 F will work fine.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
- ROASTED GARLIC AND CALABRIAN CHILI FINGERLING POTATOES
- SMASHED BLUE CHEESE POTATOES
- CHEESY JARLSBERG MASHED POTATOES
- WHIPPED PARMESAN MASHED POTATOES
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- COUNTRY STYLE PORK RIBS WITH BLUE AND BOURBON GRAVY
- COD IN GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
- CRAB AND MUSHROOM FRITTATA
- SOURDOUGH STUFFED BLACKENED SALMON W/ CRAWFISH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 2 -3 Medium potatoes, whole skin on optional
- 3Tb baking soda
- Kosmos Salt and Vinegar wing dust
- Medium grind black pepper
- 2c Canola Oil
- 2 Tb parsley
- FILL POT: Fill the pot with cold water add in potatoes whole and baking soda bring to a boil then reduce to medium till fork tender. Don’t boil them too long
- REST POTATOES: Once potatoes are done boiling strain into a colander and let sit till they are cool to the touch and cut to there desired size.
- HEAT OIL: Heat cast iron skillet with about 2 inches of oil over medium high – high heat. Add in potatoes and cook till golden brown try not to move them around the pan too much.
- TOSS: Toss potatoes immediately in a generous amount of salt and vinegar season, black pepper and parsley.