Quick and easy cubed French toast muffins in a creamy vanilla custard with fresh blueberries.
For some reason it always seems like breakfast requires the most dishes. So I’m always looking for ways to simplify things. French toast muffins makes for a quick and easy breakfast. It literally has three steps. Cube bread, whisk custard, then bake! You can really change them up from chocolate chips to fresh fruit. You can even skip the maple syrup and make a fruit jam. If you want to keep it simple just dust them powdered sugar and a little extra butter. Follow my tips and tricks below and you’ll have the best French toast cups in no time. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS:
brioche is best: for french toast you can really do know wrong when it comes to bread, anything semi dried out is fine. but if you’re shopping for ingredients for this dish brioche is best. its firm yet very buttery and eggy. If it’s not dried out to the touch that’s fine too. it just may need to soak a little longer. If you have the time you can place your brioche on a baking tray and set it in a cold oven overnight to dry out a little.
line with muffin tins: better safe than sorry for this. with the combination of custard, and granulated sugar your cups might stick to the pan without a liner and a heavy spray of cooking spray.
use cane sugar for brulee effect: that signature crunch we love from French toast can easily be achieved with coarse cane sugar on top. just a light sprinkle can make a blanket of sugar crunch topping.
topping bar!: with the time saved from consolidating your French toast don’t forget a variety of toppings like a quick powdered sugar glaze, maple syrup or your favorite fruit.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- HOMEMADE CHEX GRANOLA PARFAIT
- SAUSAGE,SUNDRIED TOMATO, AND SPINACH ROLLED EGG KOLACHES
- BREAKFAST FRIED PORKCHOPS
- 14oz Brioche Bread, slightly dried and cubed
- 2 Eggs
- 1c Half and Half
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2c Blueberries, fresh
- 1Tb Vanilla
- 2Tb Brown Sugar
- 2Tb Turbinado Sugar, for the top
- MAKE CUSTARD: To make custard combine eggs, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg into a bowl whisk until everything is combined. Soak cubed brioche for 15 minutes till moisture is absorbed. Toss in whole blueberries.
- PREP CUPCAKE MOLDS: Place a tin liner in each muffin tin and using a ice cream scoop, scoop one scoop full in each tin. Sprinkle with a pinch of turbinado sugar.
- BAKE: Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Till firm to the touch but not dried out. Let stand for 3-5 minutes and serve with your favorite topping.