Sticky barbecue chicken roasted over caramelized onions and tender garlic in an orange and hops-infused barbecue sauce.
I love oven-baked barbecue chicken because sometimes grilling can be too much. I love the simple tangy barbecue sauce taste prepared with super tender shredded chicken. Perfect barbecue chicken is truly no fuss. A simple sear to get some color going. A three-ingredient glaze that comes together in the pan. A little bit of time, because if it’s not tender then, what is it. It’s simple, it’s delicious and it can be made in no time at all. Check out my tips and tricks below for the beer barbecue chicken. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST OVEN-BAKED BARBECUE CHICKEN
use your favorite BBQ sauce: I’ve never met a barbecue sauce that ever had a problem with the addition of a little beer and orange. so when I make barbecue chicken, to jazz it up I use beer you need some sort of liquid In the pan to keep the sauce from burning. the beer adds more flavor.
Hard sear: A nice hard sear add colors. When the chicken is transferred from the pan to the oven, when you add in liquid it tends to lose some color. to avoid that a deep sear is the key and leaving the chicken uncovered in the pan.
Citrus: I’ll never forget citrus again in my BBQ chicken I added it on a whim but it’s a can’t miss-step. the orange works so well with the brown sugar in the barbecue sauce as well as the beer. don’t forget the juice and the zest so the oils permeate the sauce.
Thin liquids to the side: To keep from washing off the beautiful crust you formed pour any liquids to the side. If you decide to add chicken stock, water, or beer. off to the side not over the chicken works best. barbecue sauce directly over the chicken is fine since the sauce is so thick.
Baste the chicken: the key to good barbecue chicken is sticky layers of sauce. the layers are built in the oven over time. each time you baste the chicken once everything is hot is the addition to a new coating of sauce that will adhere to the chicken. the more basting the better.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH
- SMOKED ONION GRAVY + CLASSIC MASHED POTATOES
- JALAPENO CHEDDAR HASSLEBACK POTATOES
- LEMON SUNFLOWER DRESSING
Oven Baked Barbecue Chicken
- 3-4 chicken breast
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- 12oz bbq sauce
- 8oz red stripe beer
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 1tb cornstarch + 1tb cold water
- 1tsp rosemary
- 1tsp thyme
- 2tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Orange, zested and juiced
- 1 Yellow Onion, sliced
- Season the chicken breast with generously with salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder and paprika.
- Sear each chicken breast on both sides for 3-4 minutes till the chicken is dark brown.
- Remove from the pan and let it sit in the baking pan.
- Line the baking pan with sliced onions and fresh garlic.
- Once all the chicken is in the baking pan. Add to the side beer, cornstarch slurry, thyme, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Add in tomatoes halves.
- Roast the chicken at 350 for 1 and a half hours till the chicken is fork tender Serve over rice and steamed vegetables