Herb and roasted Meyer lemon chicken served over lemon marsala parmesan noodles tossed with crispy broccoli, roma tomatoes and black pepper croutons.
Okay so this can be looked at as a pretty odd dish but let me explain. The inspiration for this recipe came from spaghetti night! Ya know when you have a big plate of spaghetti and you try and fit your salad on the side. Then since there is no room left you just plop that essential garlic bread right on top before making your way to the table. Then the garlic bread start absorbing everything from the spaghetti sauce to the salad dressing and its coated on the bottom with that extra grated parmesan? Well this was inspired from that. I don’t always have a salad with dinner but I try to include some sort of vegetable. Since there was no salad and I was weirdly craving croutons I figured lets put all this together. I figured the croutons wouldn’t do well with a super heavy sauce like alfredo or marinara but a lemon butter or pesto may do the trick! This recipe turned out better than expected it’s was like pasta meet panzanella salad. Check out my tips and tricks below for the best roasted lemon chicken spaghetti and black pepper croutons. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST ROASTED LEMON CHICKEN SPAGHETTI & HERB CROUTONS:
make your croutons actual croutons: for this recipe to work you need your bread toasted like real croutons and that is completely dried out. that way when you toss the croutons with the warm pasta and sauce it doesn’t completely mush. save the stale bread for dressing, bread pudding or French toast.
the lighter the sauce the better: so i haven’t actually tried this dish with every pasta sauce every made. but since i wanted to keep this like a panzanella and even though its double carbs I still want it …light? so avoid the cream cheese sauce, meaty marinara and heavy alfredo. a crushed tomato sauce, pesto, butter sauce, or wine sauce should work best.
toss what you eat: i wouldn’t toss all the croutons in the pasta just what you’re going to serve. the croutons will stay crispy for any leftovers so just toss what you need.
don’t pour marsala on top of chicken: when you add marsala wine to the pan don’t add the marsala over the seared chicken or it’ll wash away all that beautiful color. pour the chicken towards the pan off the side of the chicken. that tip holds true to anytime you’re braising.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
- CREAMY PENNE WITH BACON AND PEAS
- ROASTED CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- CRISPY CHICKEN W/ RICOTTA AND FRIED SPICY SALAMI
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- 3 Chicken Breast
- 1lb Spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
- 2Tb Olive Oil
- 4 Meyer Lemons, halved- seeds removed
- 15 Garlic Cloves, whole smashed
- 3/4c Marsala Wine
- 2 Large shallots, minced
- 4Tb Butter
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Broccoli Heads, segmented
- 1/2-3/4c Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 2Tb Parsley, chopped
- 1Tb Rosemary, fresh/ chopped
- 1Tb Thyme, fresh/ chopped
Black Pepper and Herb Croutons
- 3c Cubed French Bread
- 3Tb Olive Oil
- 1Tb Black Pepper
- 1tsp Salt
- 1Tb Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- 1Tb Parmesan, grated
- SEASON CHICKEN: Season chicken by coating is generously with salt and crushed black pepper.
- SEAR: In the Dutch oven you’ll be roasting the chicken in sear chicken on both sides in olive oil just to form a crust so about 3 minutes on each side. Before adding chicken to the oven add in lemons, whole garlic, marsala wine, shallots, and fresh herbs.
- ROAST: Roast chicken for 45 minutes till fork tender at 375F. 10 minutes prior to the chicken finishing add in broccoli and tomatoes. In the meantime cook and drain pasta in salty boiling water.
- MAKE CROUTONS: To make croutons toss all ingredients together and bake for 10-15 minutes till crispy and toasted.
- TOSS AND SERVE: Remove chicken from pan you can either slice or pull the chicken. Squeeze juice out of lemon and remove from pan. Add in spaghetti and toss in the sauce in the bottom of the pan add in parmesan, butter and crushed red pepper flakes. Return chicken to pan and toss in croutons. Top with extra parmesan, crushed black pepper and parsley. ENJOY!