A classic staple with some heat. Finely minced shallots, green and black olives mixed together with spicy yellow chili peppers all finished with some fresh parsley, red wine vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST HOT PEPPER TAPENEDE:
fresh herbs last: fresh herbs tend to brown and get lost when its getting broken down by the blade so save any herbs for last so that you can pulse it a couple times to incorporate.
any type of peppers will do: Any type of peppers will do here! the heat from this comes from the hot peppers but also the dash of crushed red pepper flakes and the fresh garlic. So if you want a milder pepper tapenade feel free to use a banana pepper, calabrian chili or any kind of mild pickled pepper.
use the good olive oil: generally in most spreads a cooking oil is fine but for this i like to use my good finishing oils for this. olive oils really stand out in dishes like these.
add more oil if you’d like: some people really enjoy their tapenade drowned in olive oil some people don’t. for this i put just enough to help run the ingredients through the processor and also finished it with just enough to make it noticeable. if you like more olive oil that’s fine just wait till it’s out of the food processor to add more . for me i always serve extra seasoned olive oil on the side for dipping to add more options.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- 2c Yellow Hot Chili Peppers, jarred in a brine-drained
- 1c Black Olives, pitted & drained
- 1c Green Olives, pitted & drained
- 1/2c Olive Oil
- 2Tb Red Wine Vinegar
- 1Tb Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/4 Bunch Parsley
- 1 Shallot, large
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- BREAK DOWN LARGER VEG: Add shallots and garlic into the food processor and pulse 5 times till its about the size of the peppers and olives.
- MINCE PICKLED VEG: Add in hot peppers, green and black olives and pulse till at a mince.
- SEASON: Add in olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley and season with black pepper, garlic salt, and crushed red peppers pulse a couple more times.
- SERVE: adjust seasoning as needed. Enjoy with dried meats and cheese and crusty bread.