Your classic favorite with a twist! Crispy chicken cutlet coated in pesto and seasoned breadcrumbs, herbs and parmesan pan fried and topped with creamy alfredo sauce, mozzarella, and more parmesan!
Okay, this is one of those recipes that I have to sit and think ” what took me so long”. I was actually quite tired of your classic chicken parmesan. Ya know chicken cutlet, marinara and mounts of cheese. but I wasn’t tired of the convenience and simplicity that is involved with it. It’s generally one of those dishes that I can just throw together without any thought and I don’t have to put too much brain power into it. So I thought I’d change it up by switching the sauce and swapping that spaghetti for fettuccini it’s like a whole different dish! The shakeup was welcomed by the whole family. Check out my tips and tricks below for the best chicken parmesan alfredo and don’t forget to try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST CHICKEN PARMESAN ALFREDO:
remove the excess pesto: for this recipe your going to marinade the chicken in pesto. as tempting as it may be to keep that excess pesto on the chicken shake some off because it can cause the crust not to seal properly.
add your wine with your stock: wine and lemon can be an alfredo killer. if you add them at the wrong point it can curdle the entire sauce and there is no saving it. so bring your acid to a boil with stock to keep it from curdling before you add in your half and half.
let your breaded chicken sit for 30 minutes: once your chicken is coated let it stiffen to the chicken a little bit that way when its added to the pan your crust stays in tact.
have your oven preheated: once its time to cook the chicken turn on the oven that way once your chicken is done and its time to build you can pop it straight in the oven so there is no down time resulting in much crisper chicken.
SIMILAR INGREDIENTS TO:
- CREAMY SUNDRIED TOMATO ROASTED CHICKEN W/ ROASTED POTATOES
- CHICKEN PARMESAN CHICKEN TENDERS
- CRISPY CHICKEN W/ CAPER & GARLIC GREMOLATA
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH:
- CHICKEN, ROASTED GARLIC AND FIDEO NOODLE SOUP
- MIXED GREEN SALAD WITH LEMON SUNFLOWER DRESSING
- CAESAR SALAD PIZZA
- 4 Chicken Breast, lightly pounded
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Black pepper
- 2c Bread Crumbs
- 1c Flour
- 2Tb Herb Seasoning
- 1/4c Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2Tb Parmesan cheese
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1c Parsley
- 1/4c Olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zest
- 1/2c Chicken Stock
- 4Tb Butter
- 2Tb Olive Oil
- 3Tb Flour
- 1c Dry White Wine
- 3-4c Half and Half
- 2 Large Shallots, small dice
- 10 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Black Pepper
- 1Tb Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1Tb Fresh Thyme, chopped
- MAKE PESTO: To make pesto add garlic to blender and mince. Then add in parmesan, lemon, red pepper flakes. Last add in pesto and olive oil and pulse till smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- MARINADE CHICKEN: After lightly pounding chicken season with salt and pepper generously then toss in enough marinade to coat. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- BREAD CHICKEN: Add eggs to chicken then toss. Combine bread crumbs, flour, salt, pepper and dried herbs. Coat chicken in bread crumbs then let sit for 30 minutes on a baking rack.
- MAKE ALFREDO: To make alfredo start off by adding 2Tb each of butter and olive oil. Add in shallots and garlic then sauté for 3 minutes. You don’t need any color on the vegetables or they’ll stand out in the sauce.
- MAKE ROUX: Add in flour to pan and coat the vegetables. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- BUILD SAUCE: Add in chicken stock and white wine bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Add in half and half. Bring sauce back to a boil. Whisk continuously while it thicken then simmer and season with herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- COOK CHICKEN: Add cooking oil to a pan. Cook chicken on both sides for 7 minutes depending on the size of the chicken ( you can always finish it in the oven.
- BUILD CHICKEN: Once all the chicken is done. Top with alfredo sauce, mozzarella and fresh basil. Bake till cheese is melted and lightly brown.